THE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Launched by Thabyay Education Foundation in 2020, CLRI is a leading-edge program designed to fulfil capacity needs, which promote inclusive development and a transition towards a more peaceful and just democracy in Myanmar. The Institute aims to equip young adults from diverse backgrounds in three key areas: social science, management and leadership, and research. Graduates of CLRI will be prepared to foster a culture of good governance and sustainable development through strong management and evidence-based decision-making.
Research Diploma in Community Leadership
CLRI offers the Research Diploma in Community Leadership, a year-long intensive residential program starting in January and finishing in December. This innovative blended learning program combines classroom instruction, online learning, seminars with local and international experts, field trips, service-learning and a research project.
The overall objective of the Community Leadership & Research Institute (CLRI) is to equip youth from diverse backgrounds to contribute to inclusive nation building, and work towards building a more peaceful and just federal democracy in Myanmar
- Young adults in Myanmar actively participate in fostering social cohesion, responsible leadership, evidence-based decision-making and sustainable development in their communities and the country as a whole.
- Marginalized populations, including women and ethnic and religious minorities, gain access to quality education, alleviating inequalities in fundamental human rights and unjust development across the country.
- Women are equipped with the skills to develop their inclusion in all aspects of leadership throughout Myanmar.
- Social Science (including Political Science, Development Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Management and Leadership (including Community Leadership, Public Administration, Financial Management
- Research (including Research Methodology, Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analysis, Research Report Writing)
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Weekly experiential learning that exposes students to the ideas and concepts that complement classroom-based learning. Students will participate in workshops, field trips, and seminars led by academics, practitioners and organizations, that seek to advance social, political, and economic justice in Myanmar.
A six-week service experience that places students in communities ethnically and religiously different from their own to undertake various types of community-building activities (e.g. teaching social studies and English language, supporting the management and activities of community-based organizations, participating in community research, etcetera)
Students will prepare, plan, and execute an original research project which aims to uncover and promote indigenous knowledge and potential solutions for cross-cutting social issues in communities across Myanmar (e.g. agriculture, migration, community governance, political participation, gender-based violence, drug abuse, etcetera)
Now Accepting Applications for 2021 Academic Year -- January Intake: APPLY HERE
Address: No.9, Kan Road, Hlaing Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: 09 768766587
Facebook: Thabyay Education Foundation
Back to Home Page.